Why use us?
1. How many different peening operations will be required for your parts?
For optimum production flow, each different operation may require a different machine, thus adding to startup capital expenses and on-going operational expenses. ID & OD peening, shot & glass bead peening, and multiple part sizes are all factors that may necessitate additional machines.
2. What is your current air compressor capacity?
3. Where do you plan to install the the equipment?
4. How will machine down time affect your manufacturing workflow?
5. How reliable will your source of shot be?
6. Have you fully considered all the quality requirements for the shot peening specification?
7. Do you have enough peening workload to justify doing the work in-house?
8. Do you believe that by having the shot peening process in-house, you will improve inventory turns?
If you have any questions regarding establishing your own internal shot peening capability, Curtiss-Wright Surface Technologies’ Technical Service Managers are available to discuss and evaluate your needs and develop a customized solution to meet your needs.