Smaller electronic components are particularly susceptible to damage or failure due to electrostatic discharge. To ensure the operational integrity of new, high-performance products, Evershield® is applied as a conductive coating and electroless plating processes for EMI/RFI shielding and semi conductive coating processes for electrostatic dissipation. EMI/RFI shielding blocks unwanted external and/or internal electromagnetic waves from emitting and interfering with other circuits or devices.
Benefits of Evershield EMI/RFI Shielding
- Surface resistivity of 1 x 105 to 1 x 1012
- Outstanding corrosion protection
- Good lubricity on high-friction surfaces
- Excellent wear resistance
- High temperature and cryogenic stability
Typical Applications of Evershield EMI/RFI Shielding
- Computers and Peripherals
- Video Display Terminals
- Medical Electronics
- Telecommunication Devices
- Automotive Electronics
Evershield for Superior EMI/RFI Shielding
- Conductive Coatings for EMI/RFI Shielding
CWST EM Coating offers a broad range of EMI/RFI shielding processes that ensure the reliable performance of electronic devices. As a long-time leader in applying engineered coating solutions, our cost-effective processes meet shielding and ground plane needs ranging from FCC and European Union compliance to critical shielding and electrical bonding requirements for aircraft, missile and medical components.
- Semi conductive Coatings for Electrostatic Control
Smaller electronic components are particularly susceptible to damage or failure due to electrostatic discharge. In the search for ways to ensure the operational integrity of new, high-performance products, electronics manufacturers turn to E/M Coating Services for their application needs. E/M Coating Services applies coatings that provide:
• Surface resistivity of 1 x 105 to 1 x 1012 Ohms per square, ASTM D257
• Outstanding corrosion protection
• Good lubricity on high-friction surfaces
• Excellent wear resistance
• High temperature and cryogenic stability
Electroless Plating Processes for EMI/RFI Shielding
CWST EM Coating has led the development of electroless plating technology for plastic, plastic composite, and ceramic substrates that achieve extremely high levels of electromagnetic shielding. We offer the broadest range of solutions to the problems faced in designing and manufacturing electronic devices and components. While achieving extremely high levels of attenuation, our electroless plating processes meet stringent environmental requirements.
Advantages of EMI/RFI Shielding
- High levels of shielding at very thin plating thicknesses-as low as 0.000020″ (1/2 micron)
- Extreme uniformity of plating thicknesses and EMI/RFI shielding
- Ability to achieve excellent grounding for lightning protection while withstanding heavy corrosion
- Toughness and durability-excellent results in drop testing
- Applicable to almost any advanced engineering thermoset, thermoplastic or composite
To maintain the highest standards of quality, E/M Coating Services employs Statistical Process Control (SPC) methods. We’ve developed a wide variety of pretreatment techniques that ensure the adhesion of Evershield plating processes to virtually all plastic, glass, or carbon-reinforced plastics and composite materials.
CWST’s EM Coating location in Minnesota offers this processing.
The New Brighton facility is unique in its offerings of EMI/RFI shielding processes. One of our main differentiators is our tank size. With some of the largest tanks available, we can process large components and maximize capacity and throughput. Additionally, our proprietary electroless plating technologies for plastic, composite and ceramic components ensure high levels of electromagnetic shielding and allows us to get into the nooks and crannies of parts with complex geometry. And, we are NADCAP accredited.